Monday, November 15, 2010

Don't Take Away My Credit


Ranveer Singh says, the rumour that his father has invested in his debut film, Band Baaja Baaraat' is false. For 3 years I was struggling to become an actor before i got my first break. And finally One day I got a Call from Yash Raj Films to give an Audition for a Leading role at Yash Raj Studio. It was Unbelievable!

Producer Aditya Chopra and Director Maneesh Sharma Liked my acting but a question was running in their Mind can i dance? As 'Band Baaja Baaraat' was a Peppy Musical movie...Then again after two days i went back at the studio and shaked leg on 'My name is Lakhan' and 'Chaiya Chaiya...'Maneesh liked the Rhythm in my Dance. And fortunately, I got lucky to bag this role with an A-list film with one of the biggest banners.”It’s being said that his debut film is being financed by his father. He says, “This is my biggest achievement yet and no one can take the credit away from me. It’s not cool and hurts my dad who’s proud that I made it on my own.”

I am playing a wedding planner in my first film and i think for a great wedding you first need to get the menu right. In my case, that would mean ‘bharpur’ of non-vegetarian dishes, including my favorite Butter Chicken. “I’ll probably get married on a beach because I love sea".

I just switched my Profession from Copywriter to actor just to pursue my Childhood Dream. When I was in Indiana University in Bloomington doing my BA “I performed a scene from an old Bollywood film and though most of the American students present didn’t understand a word, but they clapped enthusiastically and I knew then that this was it".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs